Dr. Carolyn T. Long, LCSW, has 40 plus years of postmasters clinical experience and 30 years of Christian ministry experience. She is credited with developing and operating a church owned Christian Counseling Ministry in a 5000+-member church. Dr. Long has degrees in social work, counseling and ministry.
- Publication: Stepping and Blending: Helping African Americans Prepare for Marriage, Remarriage and Stepfamily Life, (2009)
- Publication: Book titled: Stepping and Blending: Helping African Americans Prepare for Marriage, Remarriage and Stepfamily Life, 2nd edition Book and Workbook (2010)
- Business established in 2004: First Seek the Kingdom Education, Counseling and Consulting Services.
- Developed and operated a church owned Christian Counseling Ministry in a large, predominantly African American church in Norfolk, VA - 6 ½ years
- Fourty plus years of direct and indirect, postmasters social work experience in a variety of settings in WI, NC and VA, with a variety of populations, ages, issues, and in a variety of roles.
- Currently works full time at Christian Psychotherapy Services in Virginia Beach, VA providing individual, couple and family therapy.
- Settings: Public and private agencies, inpatient, outpatient, health, mental health, substance abuse, mental retardation, family services, and the church environment.
- Populations: Children, youth, adults and geriatrics.
- Roles: Clinician/therapist in the provision of individual, family, couples and group therapy, director, coordinator, workshop presenter and field faculty
- Field faculty for undergraduate and graduate social work and counseling students at schools in all three states – University of Wisconsin, Madison; Winston Salem State University, NC, Meredith College, Raleigh, NC, and Norfolk State University, Norfolk, VA, and Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA
- Professor, Providence Bible School and Theological Seminary
- Crisis Pregnancy Center Volunteer – 2 ½ years
- Singles Ministry Leader – 4 years
- Children’s Minister – 4 ½ years
- New Converts Minister – 11 ½ years
- Covenant Care Pastor (Cell group leader) – 3 years
- Theophostic Prayer Minister – 8 years
- Bachelors Degree in Sociology, (BS) 1971, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Masters of Science Social Work (MSSW) degree, 1973, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Licensed to Minister from The Bread from Heaven Institute, 1989, Creedmore, NC
- Masters of Arts (MAC) in Counseling, 1992, Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA
Thesis Title: Pre-remarriage Preparation for African American Christian in the Hampton Roads, Virginia Area: Some Principles,
- Doctor of Ministry (D. Min.) 2008, Providence Bible School and Theological Seminary, Norfolk, VA
- Dissertation Title: Helping African Americans Prepare for Remarriage, Marriage and Stepfamily Life: The Role of the “Black Church”